June 16, 2011

Last weekend in Sonora- 6.16.11

It's strange coming home from a big weekend, and not going straight to my computer to edit photos. This past weekend I tagged along with Katie to second shoot a wedding with her. I've been messing with a few photos, but i'm only editing a few at a time because I don't want to be tempted to post any yet haha. I'll let you guys see a few of them in about 3-4 weeks. 

We originally were going to stay at the groomsmen's parents house, but Katie's grandma wanted to treat us to a B&B in Jamestown. We stayed in a huge victorian house. Our room was bigger than my room. We had a huge old school color projector television. It had 3 color lights reflecting off of a mirror and onto the projector screen. It made me think of how insane cameras actually operate. 

The wedding ceremony was so cute. Katie and I got to the chapel about an hour early to scope things out and realized that it was an outdoor ceremony!! We were so excited to able to use our natural outdoor lighting. :)  She dropped me off at the chapel to take photos of Richie and the groomsmen while she went and photographed Kari and the bridesmaids. I was so nervous. But thankfully the guys were really easy to work with. The whole wedding in general went really well! It was a great weekend away from home. I'm incredibly thankful that I was able to experience this trip. I learned a lot from it. So thank you Katie! ;)

I'm a big fan of scenery, so the drive up there was awesome. Except when we were stuck on the 5. We hate the 5, much prefer the 99 haha.

Here's the victorian house we stayed in. The top left balcony was ours. I wish I would have taken more photos, but I was really trying to take it all in while I could.
And here's Katie. We were able to get some exercise and walk to town rather than drive. Made me feel much better about myself hahah. 

No comments: