November 28, 2011

SoCal Youth Convention 2011- San Diego

This weekend our youth group headed down to San Diego for youth convention. The theme this year was I Am. I was 14 when I first attended youth convention and now I'm 23. This is probably the 5th year that I've gone. This year was a good year. :) I had a really great time with our group!

Do you guys ever feel like your life would be way more epic if you had songs come on while an important situation happens in your life? Glad we are on the same page. And I'm not talking about iPhone apps either. ;) I had many of these little situations happen this weekend and the theme song was "Dare You To Move" by Switchfoot. Cliche? Yes... duh.

I believe the Lord is very daring with me haha. He does things in very humorous ways with me when He's trying to make a point. Take risks. Go the complete opposite direction than where you think you're going. This is who you are and who you could be. Between how it is and how it should be. I've been known to be a quiet person. I'm afraid of taking risks. God showed me in the littlest, silliest ways this weekend to trust in Him fully. I'm very thankful for that.




One of my risky moves. Making my way up to the stage when I wasn't supposed to. Only to be welcomed to take photos from the security. I went back to my seat smiling from ear to ear. It didn't matter if I got amazing photos like Andy Barron haha. I just know that I learned something out of it and thats all that matters.



They would buy this shirt ;) Haha


Detour... we'll see where I go from here.

No comments: