January 12, 2013

New Year | Blueberry Muffin's

This year has started off a little quiet, which is different for me. I have some goals, but taking each day as it comes. I'm still scheduling photo sessions. I have a couple this month which I'm excited for! :) But what I'm really excited for is my two week vacation coming up in May. I'll be taking a trip to London with a very awesome family! We're planning on also taking a train to Paris for a day or two. (We'll see) I've never been out of the country, so I can't wait! That's all i've been really thinking about lately haha! 

My sister loves to cook and I've been learning to cook. So we've been trying new things and making more foods from scratch. Which has been a lot of fun photo wise ;) and just being able to make it is fun too. So we made blueberry muffins today. They were amazing!!

I like to call these muffins "The Brave Muffins". They remind me of the little treats in the Disney movie, Brave. ^_^
A little idea of how I get pleasing photos of food. Open window light is best in my opinion. And don't be afraid to try different angles. If you're short like me, pull up a chair or a stool. 


Recipe:
5 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces or 71 grams) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces or 100 grams) sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cups (6 3/4 ounces or 191 grams) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams or 1/4 ounce) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) baking soda
1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces or 105 grams) blueberries
Preheat oven to 375°F. Leave in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

The sour cream added in made them aaamazing!! Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well, then yogurt and zest. Put flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift half of dry ingredients over batter. Mix until combined. Sift remaining dry ingredients into batter and mix just until the flour disappears. Gently fold in your blueberries. The dough will be quite thick (and even thicker, if you used a full-fat Greek-style yogurt), closer to a cookie dough, which is why an ice cream scoop is a great tool to fill your muffin cups. You’re looking for them to be about 3/4 full, nothing more, so you might only need 9 instead of 10 cups. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden and a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean (you know, except for blueberry goo). Let cool on rack (ha), or you know, serve with a generous pat of butter. 

We got the recipe from this lovely blog!




PS: If you live in London or you know of family and friends who would like to schedule a photo session, let me know! Maybe we can set something up... :) 
Email me: lizmariephoto@gmail.com

3 comments:

Danny Bligh said...

These are really nice photos! I like them a lot.

Liz Martin said...

Thank you Danny! I appreciate it! Took a look over on your blog, loving your posts! :)

Nicky Stade said...

You are amazing, Liz <3